Instruments from left to right:
- chunir: three stringed bowed viol, unfretted, from Svaneti region. Typically played to accompany ballad songs in three-part harmony.
- doli: two-headed drum, typical especially in western Georgia and urban centers such as Tbilisi, accompanies dance songs.
- changi: triangular harp from the Svaneti region with seven or more strings. Has analogues with the ancient Persian chang.
- panduri: three-stringed fretted lute from Kartl-Kakhetian region of Eastern Georgia. Accompanies solo songs or group songs.
- chonguri: four-stringed lute from the Samegrelo, Guria region of Western Georgia, unfretted. Has one fixed string. Accompanies all type of vocal music.
- chiboni: (pictured below). Goatskin bagpipe from the highlands of Guria and Adjara.
All of these instruments will be played in performance by the Sakhioba Ensemble members!